The nurses reported the following patient safety issues related to surgical and post-surgical medical errors and injuries:
1. Wrong site/procedure/patient surgeryWe will follow up on this report with a series of posts looking into each of these identified patient safety issues and highlight the recommendations set forth by AORN.
2. Retained surgical items
3. Medication errors
4. Failures in instrument reprocessing
5. Pressure injuries
6. Specimen management errors
7. Surgical fires
8. Perioperative hypothermia
9. Burns from energy devices
10. Intubation or airway emergencies
View our main website at LubinandMeyer.com - Lubin & Meyer PC - Medical Malpractice Lawyers practicing in MA, NH and RI.