What leads cardiac patients to file medical malpractice lawsuits? According to a review of 429 cardiology claims that closed between 2007 and 2013 by The Doctors Company — a physician-owned medical malpractice insurer — the most common reason is diagnosis related. That is, either a failure to diagnose, a delay in diagnosis, or a wrong diagnosis.
A brief summary of the top 5 reasons for the lawsuits (as reviewed by the insurer) are:
- Diagnosis related = 25%
- Improper management of treatment = 14%
- Improper performance of treatment/procedure = 12%
- Improper performance of surgery = 11%
- Improper medication management = 6%
Getting the Right Diagnosis
For information to help you receive a proper diagnosis of heart disease symptoms, please visit this web page at rightdiagnosis.com.
Cardiology and Heart Attack Lawsuits in MA, NH, RI
Attorneys at Lubin & Meyer PC have successfully represented cardiac patients in many types of malpractice claims including:
- Misdiagnosed cardiac arrest - ($5 million settlement)
- Failure to respond to elevated Troponin levels - ($4.75 million settlement)
- Failure to diagnose and treat chest pains - ($1.74 million settlement)
View our main website at LubinandMeyer.com - Lubin & Meyer PC - New England's Leader in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Law
Attorneys licensed and practicing in MA, NH and RI.
Do you have questions about a possible cardiac care malpractice lawsuit?