The article outlines the following steps to avoid being the victim of a medical mistake.
- First, use the patient checklist provided in our previous post. Also, when faced with surgery or a major medical treatment for a diagnosed illness, consider a DNA test in conjunction with a diagnostic biopsy to make sure there is no mix up in the lab.
- Ask about the hospital’s infection-control protocols and make sure that medical staff that come in contact with you are following them.
- If you’ve been prescribed antibiotics, ask if they put you at increased risk of infection while in the hospital
- When preparing for surgery, makes sure the correct body part or surgery site is marked.
- And lastly, don’t hesitate to ask any question.
View our main website at LubinandMeyer.com
Lubin & Meyer PC - New England's Leader in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Law. Attorneys practicing in MA, NH and RI.